Eating is crazy important! The process of cooking and eating healthy nutritious food can be very demanding of our time and resources... And as an artist, I would rather be drawing, but I have to eat well to draw well...
I know that there are so many food issues we are all dealing with and everyone is so busy...
I would like to share with you a recipe for Green Soup, this is so simple and it makes a BIG lot of soup that I can cook up and my family will eat it for a few days and we do not have to think to much about it. It is yummy and very easy to digest. It is also easy to modify; when you warm it up - throw in any left overs you have in the fridge or throw in any type of sauce - lime juice is very nice...
I found the recipe on Pinterest, but I have made a lot of modifications... Which for me means simplifications....
Bunch of green kale
Bunch of red kale
Bunch of Collards
Small cup of rice or grains of some sort
Heaping teaspoon of cumin
Filtered water (enough to cover your greens when they are in the pot)
Big pile of cooking onions
Oil to fry up your onions (I use either avocado or olive oil)
Himalayan Salt to taste
1) Wash your greens and cut off the ends of them.
2) Get your big soup pot.
3) Boil your water and put water and your greens in the pot on the stove.
4) Use your big kitchen scissors to cut up the greens a little bit so that they fit into the pot.
5) Add the Rice and the Cumin and some pink salt if you like it.
6) Bring to a boil, stir it a little bit.
7) Turn stove on minimum heat.
8) Put a lid on your soup pot and leave on minimum heat for a minimum of 2 hours.
9) Skin and chop your onions... put them in your big fry pan with some pink salt on them.
10) Put in enough of your oil to let them fry up nicely and caramelize them (this takes the most time - you have to stir them on medium heat for about half an hour till they brown up)
11) Add your caramelized onions to your greens after they have boiled for the 2 hours.
12) Use your hand held blender to puree your soup.
This recipe will not work for everyone, but it works for me and my family... Perhaps it may work for you too?
Done like Dinner - Enjoy...